Join the Team at TCOMM 911!
TCOMM 911 offers the excitement and pride of working in public safety, without the physical danger that comes with police or fire/EMS work. We are a 24/7 operation, with a casual but professional work environment. There are a variety of career opportunities that you may not associate with 911, but they are important to help TCOMM 911 operating smoothly.
TCOMM 911 offers excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, paid vacation and sick leave, participation in the Washington State Public Employee’s Retirement System, and competitive wages.
Take the opportunity to review our website and learn more about TCOMM 911 and review our job descriptions. We encourage all applicants who qualify to apply for current openings.
Public Safety Telecommunicator Positions
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- United States citizen
- Type 35 wpm with a score of 90% accuracy or better
Public Safety Telecommunicator Recruitment Process
Public Safety Telecommunicator applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. The recruitment process can be rigorous, requiring each applicant to take and pass skills-based tests and undergo an extensive background check. Steps in the recruitment process include:
- Completion of assigned required testing. Test(s) evaluate a candidate’s keyboarding speed, multitasking abilities, memory recall, prioritization, call summarization, and cross-referencing speed.
- Completion of an oral board interview and Executive Director interview.
- Conditional offer of employment pending successful completion of remaining steps. (This is not a final offer of employment and candidates should not quit their current job or relocate based on this offer.)
- Criminal Background Check and Psychological Examination and Testing
- Reference Check
- Final Offer of Employment. Fingerprinting and baseline hearing exam to be completed before employment start date.
If you have additional questions about the hiring process, please contact us.