Join the Team at TCOMM 911!
TCOMM 911 offers the excitement and pride of working in public safety, without the physical danger that comes with police or fire/EMS work. We are a 24/7 operation, with a casual but professional work environment. There are a variety of career opportunities that you may not associate with 911, but they are important to help TCOMM 911 operating smoothly.
TCOMM 911 offers excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, paid vacation and sick leave, participation in the Washington State Public Employee’s Retirement System, and competitive wages.
Take the opportunity to review our website and learn more about TCOMM 911 and review our job descriptions. We encourage all applicants who qualify to apply for current openings.
See and Apply for All Job Opportunities Here
Public Safety Telecommunicator Positions
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- United States citizen
- Type 35 wpm with a score of 90% accuracy or better
Public Safety Telecommunicator Recruitment Process
Public Safety Telecommunicator applications are accepted on an on-going basis. The recruitment process can be rigorous, requiring each applicant to take and pass skills-based tests and undergo an extensive background check.
- Apply for Public Safety Telecommunicator position with TCOMM 911.
- Register for and complete Public Safety Testing’s “911 Dispatch” written exam and Personal History Statement. Public Safety Testing required an application fee of $33. Applicants who pass the exam and meet TCOMM 911’s qualifications will be contacted to continue with our recruitment process.
- TCOMM 911 administers the CritiCall pre-employment test remotely. This test evaluates a candidate’s multitasking abilities, memory recall, prioritization, call summarization, and cross-referencing speed.
- Preliminary Oral Interview and Executive Director’s interviews.
- Conditional offer of employment, pending successful completion of remaining steps. (This is not a final offer of employment and candidates should not quit their current job or relocate based on this offer.)
- Criminal Background Check and Psychological Examination and Testing.
- Final Offer of Employment with fingerprinting and hearing exam to be completed before start date.
Lateral Public Safety Telecommunicators are not required to complete testing through Public Safety Testing and can apply to the Public Safety Telecommunicator job posting.
Lateral applicants are defined as someone who has worked as a Telecommunicator for at least two years at a multi-jurisdictional and multi-disciplined agency similar in size, demographics and dispatching responsibilities as TCOMM 911, and have been actively employed within the last 24 months.
If you have additional questions about the hiring process, please contact us.